Thank you NHHIMA participants for taking the September 2020 Survey!
** It is very unfortunate that we do not have a winner for the survey prize.
After making several attempts to contact drawn winner(s), we’ve received no response.
Some items that stood out —
- Membership is 250. We had a 13% response rate
- 61% of respondents work in the hospital setting
- 30% make up Consultants and Educators
- 60% of respondents are coders!
- This includes both inpatient and outpatient. The remainder of job duties range between administration, revenue cycle & billing, long term care,
privacy/security and compliance. No members working in a physician practice or a CDI specialist participated in the survey.
- Just more than half of respondents have more than 20+ years in HIM!
- 90% of respondents approve of having 3 meetings each year.
- Chapter members responding would like to see CEU costs be as low as $15.00/CEU and no higher than $100/CEU. Price does matter to respondents depending on the method of delivery and the topics.
- Thank YOU, Thank YOU for all the topic suggestions!! The NHHIMA Board will work diligently to fulfill some of these requests, but we can always use your help.
- Remember, all members can participate as a Presenter for our Chapter. Also, definitely let us know if you are aware of someone who would like to be a presenter!
Member Suggested Topics: ICD-CM/PCS coding; Advanced PCS coding; CPT coding; all systems, updates, interventional, respiratory, heart; Coding Round Tables; the future of AHIMA due to advancing technology; ROI; Management; Privacy & Security; Compliance; CDI; Long Term Care, IRF-PAI; Risk Adjustment; HEDIS; Revenue Cycle & Billing; Covid-19 Impact on Revenue Cycle; Critical Access Hospitals.
* Note, not all data collected is included here. In many cases above, only “like” responses were calculated.
* Percentages have been rounded up or down.
* In some cases, not all questions were answered.
All the best and Thank You Again, SusanPlease contact any board member with further comments and/or suggestions! I can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.