SolutionHealth – Elliot Health System
SolutionHealth is a 501 c-3 non-profit, governed by a volunteer board of trustees with support of leadership team that draws on knowledge and expertise of provider organizations. Founding members of SolutionHealth include Elliot Health System and Southern New Hampshire Health.
Assists the Director of HIM in the management and operations of the HIM Department. Manages staff; monitors compliance with HIPAA and The Joint Commission regulations, and assists the director in the selection, hire, and implementation of personnel actions of subordinate staff.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Employees are expected to work consistently to demonstrate the mission, vision, beliefs, core values and standards of behavior of the organization.
- Manages Team Leader of Operations and Team Leader ROI/RP. Assigns monthly objectives, weekly activities and daily workloads, as appropriate to ensure timely completion of medical records. Monitors all work to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, regulations and standards.
- Assists director in the development, implementation and evaluation of organizational policies and procedures.
- Provides staff development, growth and evaluation to achieve a goal of excellence.
- Manages the use of resources in the most cost-effective manner.
Assists Director to ensure that department meets all regulatory requirements of The Joint Commission and state of New Hampshire.
- Assists Director in preparing department operational/capital budget and works within established budgetary guidelines.
- Interviews and recommends candidates for employment. Develops a comprehensive orientation plan for trainees for areas of responsibility and assists with orientation for other areas.
In conjunction with the Director and Human Resources, outlines scope of authority as well as job responsibilities. Initiates and/or makes recommendations for personnel actions, including but not limited to hiring, transferring, suspending, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining or adjusting of grievances involving assigned personnel.
- Prepares and conducts formal/informal performance evaluations, or job performance improvement plans and recommends appropriate merit increases involving subordinate staff.
- Oversees supervision of all staff involved in supporting health information management activities.
- Oversees the safety trainers’ coordination of all activities for the EOC safely education required by all staff.
- Assists in the maintenance of the Accreditation Manual for Record of Care, Treatment and Services standards as set by The Joint Commission.
- Attends and assists in the maintenance of the monthly Electronic Document Management Steering Committee meetings.
- Oversees chart assembly analysis and assignment of physician deficiencies.
- Oversees record retrieval for patient care and inter/intra departmental functions.
- Oversees, maintains and monitors the chart location system for accuracy and consistency.
- Supervises the verification of newly assigned MR numbers and the consolidation of unit medical record numbers, reporting trends or problems originating in Admitting that affect the integrity of the Master Patient Index.
- Assists in the coordination of monthly department meetings.
- Organizes agenda with department coordinators and team leaders.
Five years supervisory/management experience in Health Information Management required.
RHIT or RHIA preferred.
Associate’s Degree in Health Information or related field required.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Email resume or apply online.
Apply Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/elliot#/job/27969