Coder / Abstractor-Inpatient
Northeast Rehabilitation Hospital Network
To ensure timely collection of patient diagnostic information accurately, code and enter information into hospital billing system(s) to enable patient billing process to occur and to generate patient/provider statistics.
- Identify and assign / ICD -10 CM/PCS codes to principal and secondary diagnoses/procedures on all admission and discharge inpatient accounts.
- Abstract information into hospital and other required data bases upon inpatient admission or discharge.
- Provide discharge statistics as requested for case status or other internal research.
- Collect information to support hospital?wide and medical staff quality improvement processes.
- Work with clinical staff to assign appropriate codes to determine patient classification for compliance with PPS requirement.
- Current Coding Certification in ICD-10 or test eligible within 1 year of hire.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and disease process.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer data entry and patient information abstracting systems.
- One year of Coding experience using ICD-10 in an inpatient acute care or inpatient rehabilitation hospital setting.
- Requires analytical thinking and strong decision making skills.
- Familiar with working in Electronic Medical Record for review of documentation.
- Communication skill to contact physicians and other healthcare professionals with questions about diagnosis, treatments or diagnostic tests.
- Meet productivity standards.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
In order for your application/resume to be considered and submitted to the appropriate hiring manager, please apply on-line by following the below instructions.
To apply please visit our website, click on the “Careers” tab, scroll down about half way on the page, under “Search All Jobs”, click on the “Learn More” button.
Click on All positions, this will bring up all of our open positions in alphabetical order, click on the job title, this will bring you to the job description and at the bottom of the job description click “apply”.
You may apply to more than one position. If you have any questions during the process, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.