Each year NHHIMA offers one or more $500 scholarships. The eligibility requirements are:
- Enrollment in a program of health information management (HIM) or technology (HIT) accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
- Enrollment in a coding specialist, medical transcription or tumor registry program taught by an AHIMA credentialed practitioner and affiliated with a regionally accredited college or university.
- Enrollment in a college or university accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency and pursuing, at a minimum, a master’s degree in a program related to HIM.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 (out of 4.0) or 3.5 (out of 5.0) or higher
- A resident of New Hampshire or employed in New Hampshire in an HIM related field.
- Graduate applicants must be a credentialed HIM professional (RHIA, RHIT, CCS) and an active member of NHHIMA.
If you do not meet the eligibility requirements, consider those around you and encourage them to apply.
This is a great opportunity to be recognized by NHHIMA and gain financial assistance for your education. Completed application packets must be submitted by December 31st. Scholarships will be awarded by January 31st.
Questions can be directed to NHHIMA Director of Communications email@example.com
- Scholarship Application – You will upload to the on-line application:
- Two letters of recommendation preferably from an educator or supervisor (letters from friends or relatives are not acceptable)
- Your transcript – an ”official transcript” is not required
- Proof of NH residency or employment – a NH driver’s license is acceptable proof of residency. A note from your employer verifying employment is acceptable proof of NH employment if you are not a resident
- Your resume
- Program Verification form to be completed by the program director. The applicant must notify the program director that the Program Verification form needs to be completed by emailing the link to the Program Verification form.